Food Toxicology and Ingredient Safety Track
The Food Toxicology and Ingredient Safety Track of the EITS doctoral program is designed for students interested in the safety of food-borne and consumer product ingredients.
- PHM 830, Experimental Design and Data Analysis
3 credits, Fall & Summer
- PHM 980, Sec. 302, Pharmacokinetics,
1 credit, Fall
- PHM 816, Integrative Toxicology: Mechanisms, Pathology, and Regulation
3 credits, Fall (odd years)
- FSC 807, Advanced Food Toxicology
3 credits, Fall (even years)
- FSC 981, Food and Environmental Risk Assessment
- FSC XXX, Current Issues in Ingredient Safety
Total number of required credits: 13, plus fulfillment of course requirements in the student's partnering doctoral program.
Note: For some students, a course may fulfill a requirement for both the EITS program and the partnering doctoral program.
- Thesis project in a toxicology-related area.
- Two IIT-affiliated faculty as members of your thesis committee.
- Attend at least 12 toxicology-reltaed seminars before graduation. (To see a list of qualifying seminars, see the recent seminar list.